Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Self acceptance and healing from within- the name sounds pretty self explanatory but it evolves around my theory that healing must come from within the want to change must come from a want to improve oneself to see the underlying pain and say I wish to be stronger than this I want to heal.

although the want to heal can be their the drive must also be present, getting in the car, having the keys an idea of where you want to go but your still sitting in a park car would be a great metaphor you have to envision where you want to go know the directions to take and drive, the directions in this sense are the knowledge of how to obtain your goal in a way that is both successful and achievable(anyone can say they want to drive their car to the moon but they cannot...this is also a metaphor for people who wish to lose weight in a way that is not physically possible such as 100 pounds in 3 days) setting goals is the first start to self acceptance because you outline your path you begin your journey with the change of a mindset.

I want to do better! I want to be stronger and I will be. ^^

2 comments:

  1. This is a great metaphor; that you can have the car and the key but you need directions or destination (goals) to get where you want. I always tell people to have specific goals that are reachable and have a time stamp for the goals. Anyone can reach their goals as long as you make them reasonable and put for the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some great points. Setting realistic goals is an important first step. Remember, living an overall healthier life is all about lifestyle changes. Giving yourself time to acclimate to the change will increase your chances of continuing to move forward.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete